Who wants to have black armpits? Dirty armpits can make us not confident to raise our hands up high or wear sleeveless clothes. Calm down first. There are many ways to whiten the armpits that are easily done alone at home.
Causes of black armpits
Underarm skin color should be in line with the skin of other body parts. However, there are various things that can cause underarm skin color to change darker as we get older.
Most of these cases are influenced by genetic factors. Dark-skinned people tend to have black armpits than people with a white skin. The color of your skin is determined by pigment cells called melanocytes. When these cells multiply, color of the skin can turn darker. Then it is likely that your armpits will also be black if your parents, siblings or other close relatives have same conditions.
Another common cause is the buildup of dead skin cells in the armpit area that occur due to continuous friction between the armpit skin and sweat or between the armpit skin and clothing. Exposure to chemicals from deodorants and antiperspirants that you normally use can also darken your armpit skin.
There is also some medical evidence that says that the wrong way to shave underarm hair also causes skin discoloration. Pulling hair is thought to stimulate excess melanocyte production.
Apart from the general things above, dark armpits can also be caused by:
– Skin hyperpigmentation due to smoking
– Acanthosis nigricans (often a sign of diabetes, obesity, or abnormal hormone levels)
– Erythrasma (bacterial infection)
– Melasma (dark spots on the skin)
– Addison’s disease (damaged adrenal gland)
How to whiten the armpit using natural ingredients
How: Grate the potatoes, squeeze the water out of the potato. Apply potato water to your armpit. After 10 minutes, rinse with a cold water.
How: Slice 2 cm thick round cucumber. Gently rub the cucumber into the armpit and let it sit for 15 minutes. After that, rinse your armpits with a cold water.
The trick: Slice the lemon, but not too thin. Rub slowly into your armpit. After 10 minutes, rinse your armpits with a cold water, dry them, and apply moisturizer.
How: Mix 1 tablespoon of milk, 1 tablespoon of rose water with ½ sheet of grated orange peel. Gently rub the mixture into your armpit, leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing with a cold water. Repeat two to three times per week.
How: In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice with enough turmeric to make a paste. Apply the paste evenly to your armpit. After 30 minutes, clean the pasta.
How: Massage a few drops of coconut oil into your armpit. After 15 minutes, wash your armpit with a warm water and soap. Repeat this step two to three times a day.
Tea tree oil
How: Mix 5 drops of tea tree oil with 1 glass of water, pour it into a small spray bottle. Spray the solution on your armpit and let it dry naturally every day after bathing or soaking.
But unfortunately, no medical research has been able to prove that the method of whitening the armpit using natural ingredients is truly effective and safe. These ingredients have not been clinically tested.
So if you want to try using natural ingredients, test for a while on skin of the back of your hand. If there is redness or itching and other unusual sensations, don’t use it.
How to whiten the armpit using medicine from a doctor
Doctors have a way to whiten the armpit to be diagnosed depending on the cause, For black armpit problems due to the shaving irritation or due to the buildup of dead skin cells, doctors generally recommend the following treatments:
– Use topical creams or lotions contain hydroquinone, tretinoin, corticosteroids, azelaic acid, or kojic acid …
– Perform laser therapy to remove excess pigment in the armpit.
– Exfoliate with AHA and BHA to remove dead skin that makes the underarm color dark.
– Perform dermabrasion treatment or
microdermabrasion to clean the blackened armpit completely
How to prevent black armpits?
In addition, there are ways to whiten the armpit, there are also ways to prevent your armpit from darkening. For that, follow the basic steps below:
– Try replacing your deodorant or antiperspirant brand. Choose those that are lightweight and can whiten when you are. Some people switch to alternative natural ingredients such as baking soda or apple cider vinegar. Some people also stop using deodorants at all.
– Don’t shave frequently, shaving can cause irritation and blackening of the armpit. Try other alternatives such as waxing or laser, or
– Often your armpit scrubs. Use facial exfoliator for your armpits every two to three times a week.
– Wear loose clothes, avoid wearing tight clothing on the armpits
Stop smoked to prevent hyperpigmentation